[C++-sig] C++ classes intended for use with Python

Itamar Shtull-Trauring itamar at itamarst.org
Tue Aug 10 16:06:06 CEST 2004

Currently, if I want to have virtual methods overridable in Python I
need to go through the whole wrapper class song and dance. Thing is, I
am creating classes whose only goal is to integrate with Python. I'm not
wrapping a C++ library, I'm writing a Python/C++ library. Is there any
way I can have classes automatically get an appropriate PyObject*  self
argument when instantiated? Obviously they'd be only used by subclassing
them in Python.

--
Itamar Shtull-Trauring    http://itamarst.org