[C++-sig] Re: multiple registrations of to-Python converter warning

Lutz Paelike lutz_p at gmx.net
Wed Apr 21 16:41:17 CEST 2004

> Try recompiling the boost python library with
> -DBOOST_PYTHON_TRACE_REGISTRY; you should get some diagnostic
> feedback when you run your application that helps.
>
> To do that with bjam,
>
>    bjam -a "-sBUILD=<define> BOOST_PYTHON_TRACE_REGISTRY"
>
> --
> Dave Abrahams
> Boost Consulting
> http://www.boost-consulting.com

Hi David,

thanks for your support.
If i run the program with a BOOST_PYTHON_TRACE_REGISTRY defined boost.python lib
now the following assertion fails.

assert(slot == 0); // we have a problem otherwise

The assertion is defined in the file

boost/libs/python/src/converter/registry.cpp
in the "insert" function (line 162)

the value of "slot" is the return value of
get(source_t)->m_to_python;

I'm afraid i don't know how to investigate further.
How can this issue be solved ?

Do I need to call a function to properly destruct any remaining objects and to "free" the slot ?

Thank you,

Lutz
--
Lutz Paelike
mail:	lutz at fxcenter.de
	lutz_p at gmx.net
pgp key id: 0xA7B25440
pgp key server: x-hkp://wwwkeys.pgp.net
pgp fingerprint: 9064 F4E1 D754 C2FF 1619 305B C09C 5A3B 57F3 BF04