[C++-sig] Re: (no subject)

Raoul Gough RaoulGough at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Sep 30 15:01:47 CEST 2003

David Abrahams <dave at boost-consulting.com> writes:

> Raoul Gough <RaoulGough at yahoo.co.uk> writes:
>
>> David Abrahams <dave at boost-consulting.com> writes:

>>> Interesting sig.  Do you want me to `C-x C-e' it?
>>
>> Well, sure. Unless you think it's a Trojan horse :-) I was trying to
>> think of a handy Emacs feature from my .emacs to publicize, but
>> dabbrev was all I came up with. Maybe I should move on to
>
> What's handy about that?  The emacs help for it doesn't really tell
> me why I'd want to use it.

Well the C-h v help for dabbrev-case-fold-search doesn't say much, I
admit - the really useful information is in the Emacs "Abbrevs" info
nodes. Since C++ is case sensitive, I find dynamic expansion more
natural if it doesn't use expansions with the wrong case. YMMV. I'd
used Emacs on and off for about /five years/ before somebody told me
about M-/

--
Raoul Gough.
(setq dabbrev-case-fold-search nil)