[C++-sig] constructing datetime objects

Tue Sep 30 09:54:09 CEST 2003

Hi,

I am pretty new to boost python and consider integrating an existing C++
library into python 2.3. My C++ library defines its own datetime class, but I
think it is nicer if the python functions use the Python datetime module. How
do I write a function that returns a python datetime object, initialised e.g.
via an ordinal number or maybe year, month, day, etc. I have not found out
yet how to call a constructor in boost::python (Is there something in the
tutorial?). The other way, e.g. getting the year from a python datetime object dt
is no problem using

     python::extract<int>(dt.attr("year")).

Thanks in advance,

Gero