[C++-sig] Re: Problems with embedding.cpp with VC7

David Abrahams dave at boost-consulting.com
Wed Sep 24 14:09:42 CEST 2003

"Andrew Ellem" <alellem at uwaterloo.ca> writes:

> When I run:
>
>   cd c:/boost/libs/python/test/
>   bjam -sTOOLS=vc7 embedding
>   ...found 2074 targets...
>   ...updating 1 target...
>   **passed**
> c:\build\bin\boost\libs\python\test\embedding.test\vc7\debug\embedding.t
> est
>   ...updated 1 target...
>
> I get:
>
> C:\boost\libs\python\test>bjam -sTOOLS=vc7 test
> skipping Boost.Python library build due to missing or incorrect
> configuration
>
> couldn't find Python.h in "c:\python2.3/include"
>
> You can configure the location of your python installation by setting:
> PYTHON_ROOT    - currently "c:\python2.3"
> PYTHON_VERSION - The 2-part python Major.Minor version number (e.g.
>                  "2.2", NOT "2.2.1")  - currently "2.3"
>
> The following are automatically configured from PYTHON_ROOT if not
> otherwise set:
>
>     PYTHON_LIB_PATH       - path to Python library object; currently
>                           "c:\python2.3/libs"
> unknown dependent target <@boost!libs!python!build>libboost_python.lib

We went to great lengths to make that message helpful.  Do you have
Python.h in c:\python2.3\include, or is it, perchance, in
c:\python23\include (no dot)?

The instructions for using bjam to build/run the tests are in
http://www.boost.org/libs/python/doc/building.html

I'm not sure what else to do for you.
www.boost-consulting.com