[C++-sig] Way to insert code in _main.cpp in pyste

Nicodemus nicodemus at globalite.com.br
Tue Sep 23 01:45:56 CEST 2003

Niall Douglas wrote:

>On 20 Sep 2003 at 22:45, Nicodemus wrote:
>

>>Must it be after BOOST_PYTHON_MODULE? If not, you can use the function
>>declaration_code(<code>) in your Pyste file. To insert code inside
>>BOOST_PYTHON_MODULE, use module_code().
>>

>Kinda like this:
>
>// Exports
>====================================================================void RegisterConvFXString();
>void RegisterExceptionTrans();
>void Export_TnFOX_Python_FXFile();
>
>// Module
>=====================================================================BOOST_PYTHON_MODULE(TnFOX)
>{
>    RegisterConvFXString();
>    RegisterExceptionTrans();
>    Export_TnFOX_Python_FXFile();
>}

declaration_code('void Export_TnFOX_Python_FXFile();\n')
module_code('    Export_TnFOX_Python_FXFile();\n')

But I see you want it inside _main.cpp... there's currently no way to do
that explicitly, but you can put it inside any other Pyste file and the
effect will be the same, since inside BOOST_PYTHON_MODULE your
Export_MyPysteFile() will called, which will then call your
ExportExceptionTrans(), for example. Try that and see if it works.

>BTW those two commands you suggest don't appear to have any docs.

They don't, that's why I posted an example.
I plan to update the documentation by the end of the week.

Thanks,
Nicodemus.