[C++-sig] boost.python and python 2.3

Stefan Seefeld stefan.seefeld at orthosoft.ca
Fri Sep 19 16:51:02 CEST 2003

hi there,

we'v run into a compile-time error involving boost.python headers
when we upgraded to python 2.3. We are using boost 1.30.2, and the
error happens on GNU/Linux (RH8) with gcc 3.2.2.
It looks like a macro clash or somesuch, but the excessive use of
macros inside boost makes it very hard to get a handle of the real
problem.

The error message is

/usr/local/ORTHOsoft/include/boost/python/converter/builtin_converters.hpp:106:
parse
    error before `&' token
/usr/local/ORTHOsoft/include/boost/python/converter/builtin_converters.hpp:106:
syntax
    error before `&' token

(followed by about 250 more lines of this kind).

Just downgrading to python 2.2 made the problem disappear.

Is this a known problem ? Is it fixed in cvs ? Is there a simple fix
to apply to the 1.30.2 release (assuming it is indeed a macro clash) ?

Thanks,
		Stefan