[C++-sig] Re: Some questions ...

Mike Thompson mike.thompson at day8.com.au
Tue Sep 9 08:33:17 CEST 2003

"Mike Thompson" wrote:

> 1.   add a link to the Boost.Python Wiki in
> http://www.boost.org/libs/python/doc/index.html.
>       I only found the Wiki once I started googling for answers but it would
>      have been better for me if I'd seen it initially.  It's pages answered
some
>      of my questions.

Of course, the moment I post I notice that the Wiki is, in fact, mentioned --
indirectly under "Support".  In about 10 other passes over the documentation, I
hadn't noticed it there.

> Q1.   [snip]
>          is it possible to graft new constructors onto a class?

I now see that the Boost.Python TODO list mentions this need.  So that answers
my question mostly.  I'll just make a derived class and give it the (different)
constructors I want to expose through python.

> Q2.  The following function works, but I'm left wondering if there's not a
>          better way.  It takes a list of ints and returns the equivalent
>          vector<int>.

This question remains.

--
Mike