[C++-sig] Re: C arrays mk 2

Raoul Gough RaoulGough at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Oct 15 21:08:24 CEST 2003

David Abrahams <dave at boost-consulting.com> writes:

> Niall Douglas wrote:
>
>> This is for reference only to anyone else that might have this
>> problem and searches the list archive in times to come. People who
>> don't like macros beware!
>> My most gracious thanks to Raoul Gough for helping me in
>> this. You're now in the acknowledgements for the library.
>> Cheers,
>> Niall
>
> This appears to me to be more complicated and less reliable than
> neccessary.  Why not just give your Python MyList class __len__ and
> __getitem__ functions?

I suppose it depends how rich an interface he wants on the Python
side. The two methods you named are sufficient for a lot of cases
(almost everything, in fact), but if he wants slice support or
__setitem__, it might still pay off to use the container suite. I
don't know - all of that C-style array stuff looks like doing things
the hard way to me.

--
Raoul Gough.
(setq dabbrev-case-fold-search nil)