[C++-sig] Re: Linux Intel compiler exception problems in Python

Ralf W. Grosse-Kunstleve rwgk at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 10 19:11:31 CEST 2003

--- Raoul Gough <RaoulGough at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
> After further testing, it looks like libunwind.so.3 is all that you
> need to preload - libcxa then seems to work OK when it gets
> dynamically loaded along with the extension module.
>
> $ alias python_icc='LD_PRELOAD=/opt/intel/compiler70/ia32/lib/libunwind.so.3
> python'
> $ python_icc $BOOST_DIST/libs/python/test/exception_translator.py
> running...
> Done.

Wow!

A problem with aliases is that they are not inherited by child processes. Do
you think it could have negative side effects to globally

setenv LD_PRELOAD /opt/intel/compiler70/ia32/lib/libunwind.so.3

?

I doesn't seem to do any obvious harm. Did you come across any warnings while
reading the man pages?

Ralf