[C++-sig] Boost.Python Deployment Dependencies

Paul Grenyer paul at paulgrenyer.co.uk
Thu Nov 27 13:14:11 CET 2003

Hi

I’m in the process of trying to deploy an application that uses
boost.python. I started off by just including the python23.dll (as well
as the boost.python dll), but when our python code is executed via
boost.python, we get an error suggesting that site.py cannot be found.

I then tried installing the python interpreter and libraries as well as
our new application, this worked. I then renamed the python23
directory, expecting our application to now fail. It didn’t. I am now
somewhat confused about what boost.python actually depends on????

I don’t want to have to install python on every machine where we want
to install our application, I want to be able to include the necessary
boost.python dependencies in our install script.

Any ideas?

Regards
Paul

Please note the change of email address!

Paul Grenyer
Email: paul at paulgrenyer.co.uk
Web: www.paulgrenyer.co.uk