[C++-sig] Exposing C++ objects to Python at runtime

Jonathan Warrington jonw at mindless.com
Sat Nov 22 00:48:04 CET 2003

I'm working on writing a generic interface for scripting, so far I have
a simple javascript implementation, and a very simple python
implementation.

What I'm looking for, is there any way to register c++ classes / objects
at runtime?  What I'd like to be able to do, is pass a string, and
pointers (object, and function) into my interface which would then
register them at runtime (dynamically)?  It looks quite possible for
just straight functions, but was wondering if anyone had done something
similar, or had any suggestions on how to do it?

Thanks
Jon