[C++-sig] Re: Boost.Python scope

Ralf W. Grosse-Kunstleve rwgk at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 10 23:43:52 CET 2003

--- Raoul Gough <RaoulGough at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
Congratulations to the VC6/7 workarounds for the indexing suite!

> Sounds interesting.

Here are the main links:

http://mail.python.org/pipermail/c++-sig/2002-June/001503.html
http://mail.python.org/pipermail/c++-sig/2002-July/001672.html

http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/boost/boost/boost/python/Attic/py_interface.hpp?rev=1.2&view=auto
http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/boost/boost/libs/python/src/Attic/py_interface.cpp?rev=1.2&view=auto

For easy viewing, the attachment of the last link unpacked:

http://cci.lbl.gov/~rwgk/boost_python/api_project/py_api_gen.py

> I assume you had some kind of C function declaration parser to drive it?

Great idea; but to the best of my knowledge nobody was that ambitious so far.

> I'd be tempted to take a look, but I should probably be focusing on
> getting some gainful (i.e. paid) employment instead.

Good luck! I am sure your work on the indexing suite makes for some good
advertising.

> How much work do you think was left in it?

Hard to tell. It also depends on how ambitious you are.

Ralf