[C++-sig] Re: Confused about placement of libboost_python.dll

Paul Magwene paul.magwene at yale.edu
Wed Nov 5 03:44:16 CET 2003

David Abrahams wrote:
> Paul Magwene <paul.magwene at yale.edu> writes:
>

>>To answer my own qustion, and hopefully save somebody else some
>>headaches in the future, cygwin does not use LD_LIBRARY_PATH to look
>>for libraries, but rather just the PATH environment variable.
>

> http://www.redhat.com/docs/manuals/gnupro/GNUPro-Toolkit-03r1/gnupro_8.html#IDX205
> contradicts you.

The gnupro toolkit manual may say one thing, but the reality appears to
be different on my recent (stock) install of cygwin.  Adding the
directory with libboost_python.dll to my PATH made it work, while adding
the directory to LD_LIBRARY_PATH did nothing.

I was tipped off after doing a google search and running across this
page (see about halfway down the page):

http://xml.apache.org/xerces-c/build-winunix.html

--Paul