[C++-sig] boost.python on OS X 10.3 (Panther)

Harri Hakula hhakula at math.hut.fi
Tue Nov 4 14:17:53 CET 2003

On Nov 4, 2003, at 9:27 AM, Ralf W. Grosse-Kunstleve wrote:

> --- Harri Hakula <hhakula at math.hut.fi> wrote:
>> However, what is most worrying is that on all machines that I have
>> access to, I see the
>> infamous semaphore_wait_trap raising its head. Having consulted with
>> Sean Spicer who
>> never sees it, I'm completely baffled.
>
> Ouch. Is this under 10.3?

Yes. Sorry, I forgot to mention it. I am running 10.3 on all machines.

-bind_at_load seems to resolve whatever causes this problem. Perhaps it
works on 10.2.8 also? Of course, if your solution loads loads of
dynamic libraries this may affect the user experience...

I've tried on two Powerbooks (Lombard G3 & Titanium G4) and a Dual 1GHz
PowerMac.
Powerbooks had a clean install of Panther, PowerMac archive&install. I
got exactly same behaviour on all of them.

Cheers,

	Harri Hakula