[C++-sig] Re: using BOOST_PYTHON_STATIC_LIB

Rene Rivera grafik666 at redshift-software.com
Tue May 27 17:11:38 CEST 2003

[2003-05-27] David Abrahams wrote:

>"Achim Domma \(ProCoders\)" <domma at procoders.net> writes:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> is it still possible to use boost_python as static library? In config.hpp
>> found BOOST_PYTHON_STATIC_LIB, but it seems not to be mentioned anywhere
in
>> the documentation. I defined it like this in my Jamfile:
>>
>> <vc7><*><define>BOOST_PYTHON_STATIC_LIB
>>
>> Bjam is linking with libboost_python.lib then, but I get a lot of
unresolved
>> externals, all refering to boost.python functions using
>> __declspec(dllimport) which seems wrong to me. Is it my fault or do I
have
>> to use the shared library?
>
>You shouldn't have to use the shared library.  Oops, as far as I can
>tell, if you're trying to use boost_python.lib from the bin-stage
>directory, we have a problem: the import library for the Boost.Python
>DLL has the same name, and overwrites the static library.  For the
>time being, until we figure out how to fix this, you should dig into
>the bin/... directories to find the static library build.
>
>Rene, do you have a solution up your sleeve for this one?

No trick solution needed. It should be putting the static lib to the
stage-bin with the "libboost_python.lib" name. At least that's what it looks
it does when I run the bjam in the libs/python/build directory. And from the
above message it looks like Achim is using that version of the lib.

-- grafik - Don't Assume Anything
-- rrivera at acm.org - grafik at redshift-software.com
-- 102708583 at icq