[C++-sig] instantiating python objects within C++

Gavin Doughtie gdoughtie at anim.dreamworks.com
Fri May 23 23:41:29 CEST 2003

I just did this last week. You DO have to run the interpreter, which
then loads a python script, which imports your exported C++ class that
you've written (or generated) a wrapper class for that has the
call_method implementations of your virtual functions. When you extract
to a pointer of your base class, you've really got a pointer to the
wrapper class which calls back into the python code.

--
Gavin Doughtie
DreamWorks SKG