[C++-sig] OT: VC6 -> VC7

Brett Calcott brett.calcott at paradise.net.nz
Sun May 18 05:40:24 CEST 2003

Hi all,

I'm using VC6 Prof, and would like to upgrade to avoid the internal compiler
errors - but I am a little confused by the MS literature. Can someone let me
know whether this product:

Microsoft® Visual C++T .NET Standard 2003

which only costs $263.20 (New Zealand dollars), and is not an upgrade, has
all of the code optimisations. I seem to remember MS sold some Academic or
Cheaper version that lacked a few essential items like optimisation.

I want to avoid having to purchase .NET studio, which contains lots of stuff
I'll never use.

I've tried talking to MS in NZ - but they know little about the dev
products.

Cheers,
Brett