[C++-sig] pyste - falling over on certain inputs.

Paul Rudin paul.rudin at ntlworld.com
Tue May 6 07:27:49 CEST 2003

Nicodemus <nicodemus at globalite.com.br> writes:

> Paul Rudin wrote:

[snip]

> I manage to make the header to compile, but it worked just fine... but
> I don't think that tells much, because I had to make a lot of changes
> to it.

If you so desire it's possible to get the rest of the sources from cvs:

cvs -d:pserver:anonymous at cvs.ogre.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/ogre login

Press 'Enter' when prompted for a password. Then:

cvs -z3 -d:pserver:anonymous at cvs.ogre.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/ogre co ogrenew

>         Could you send me the xmls generated by GCCXML? Just run pyste
> with --debug.

It's about one and a half meg I won't send it to the list - you can get
it here:

http://rudin.co.uk/ogrecamera.xml

>            Also change this function of Exporter.py (line 58) from

[snip]

> to this:
>
>     def GetDeclaration(self, fullname):
>         decls = self.GetDeclarations(fullname)
>         if len(decls) != 1:
>             print "More than one declaration of", fullname, "found"
>         return decls[0]
>
> And see what name it prints...

/usr/local/ogrenew/Tools/PythonInterface/pyste $ python /usr/local/boost-cvs/libs/python/pyste/src/pyste.py --debug -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I../../../OgreMain/inclde --module Camera camera.pyste
More than one declaration of Ogre::Camera found
More than one declaration of Ogre::Camera found

Module Camera generated
5.42 seconds

>                                  also, see if the generated code works
> for you. I belive it should.

The generated code has all the Camera (and associated wrapper
stucture) definitions and declarations twice.. other than that it
looks fine.