[C++-sig] Re: boost:python:embedding

Dirk Gerrits dirk at gerrits.homeip.net
Sat May 3 23:47:42 CEST 2003

David Abrahams wrote:
> Dirk Gerrits <dirk at gerrits.homeip.net> writes:
>
> How do you think it's going to get into the library anyway, Dirk?
> You're going to have to submit your code, along with documentation and
> tests.  I'll certainly credit you in the acknowledgements page and
> your name will go in the copyrights for that code so credit (or blame)
> will still be on you! ;-)

Hmm, good point Dave. :)

> Anyway, I'd be delighted to have this in Boost.Python, so long as it
> comes with docs and tests.

Oh I'd be willing to update the tutorial. It would definately be a lot
shorter with this code in the library. ;)

You'll have to teach me how to write the reference material, though.
That is, I assume it's not hand-written HTML?

For the tests I can just use

void test() { ... }

int main()
{
     if (python::handle_exception(test))
     {
         if (PyErr_Occurred())
             PyErr_Print();
         return 1;
     }
     return 0;
}
#include "module_tail.cpp"

as in embedding.cpp right? That shouldn't be too hard.

I'd like to stress again though, that my current solution is pretty
basic. I really have no use for multiple interpreters, or multiple
Python-using threads at the moment. If anyone else does, and wants to
see it addressed in Boost.Python, I encourage them to post their code
and extra testcases here.

Regards,
Dirk Gerrits