[C++-sig] Arrays and Boost.Python

Patrick Hartling patrick at vrac.iastate.edu
Fri Mar 28 04:41:00 CET 2003

Does Boost.Python (from Boost 1.30.0 or the Boost CVS trunk) provide
handling of arrays as public data members in a C++ class?  Using
Boost.Python from Boost 1.30.0, I get an error from GCC 3.2 about line
68 of boost/python/data_members.hpp stating that "ISO C++ forbids
assignment of arrays."  If I change the array definition in my
Boost.Python code so that the data member is read-only instead of
read/write, that gets rid of the error.  I don't mind doing that in this
case--really I am just curious about how Boost.Python handles C++ arrays.

  -Patrick

--
Patrick L. Hartling                     | Research Assistant, VRAC
patrick at vrac.iastate.edu                | 2624 Howe Hall: 1.515.294.4916