[C++-sig] relocation error?

Charles Leung cleung at eos.ubc.ca
Fri Mar 28 00:46:24 CET 2003

> On Thu, 2003-03-27 at 17:53, Ralf W. Grosse-Kunstleve wrote:
>> --- Giulio Eulisse <giulio.eulisse at cern.ch> wrote:
>> > Using boost 1.30.0 I get the following error when trying to import a
>> boost module in python with "import boostQT" or similar:
>> >
>> > ImportError: ./boostQT.so: undefined symbol:
>> > init_module__Q35boost6python6detailPCcPFv_v
>> >
>> > Any idea? Works fine with 1.29.0
>>
>> Could it be that you are mixing .o files compiled with different
>> gcc's?
>
> mmm...I would say no, as I'm not producing any .o file but directly .so
> (I've a single .cc file)...

Hi, I had a similar error when I tried building boost_python using the jam
I built from 1_29_0.

[cleung at gull hdf]$ python
Python 2.2.2 (#1, Oct 22 2002, 12:23:26)
[GCC 3.2] on linux2
>>> import HDF_ext
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<stdin>", line 1, in ?
ImportError: ./HDF_ext.so: undefined symbol:
_ZN5boost6python9converter18shared_ptr_deleterclEPKv

then I rebuilt boost from the ground up (starting with jam) and it worked
fine. I hope that helps... Aside from that, the Makefile and common.mk
seem to be missing from $BOOST_ROOT/tools/build/jam_src in the
boost_1_30_0.tar.gz I downloaded yesterday from SourceForge. Is there a
way to build jam without them on Linux?

Thanks,
Charles