[C++-sig] Pyste and STL types

Nicodemus nicodemus at globalite.com.br
Tue Mar 18 06:23:28 CET 2003

Patrick Hartling wrote:

> I am having some trouble in my initial experimentation with Pyste.  It
> does not seem to like STL types very much.  For example, I have
> attached a class declaration and .pyste file that generate the
> following stack trace:
>
> > python /home/patrick/boost/libs/python/pyste/src/pyste.py
> --module=test test.pyste
> <snip>
> The same trace results if my class body is empty and I simply include
> <string>.  I did try including <vector> instead just to verify that
> there wasn't a problem with the <string> header specifically.  I also
> tried the header_test.{pyste,h} files in the Pyste examples directory,
> and with those, I get this stack trace:
>
> > python ../src/pyste.py --module=header_test header_test.pyste
> <snip>
>
> Am I doing something wrong in my use of Pyste?  I am using Python
> 2.2.1, GCCXML 0.4.2 with GCC 3.2, elementtree 1.0 (20020728), and the
> latest Boost code from the RC_1_30_0 branch.

Hi Patrick,

No, you're use is correct. ;)
I couldn't reproduce those errors on Windows, but in Linux they occur.
Shame on me that didn't test all the examples in Linux! I made some
fixes and now all the examples work in Linux, including your test file.
Please update your copy.

Thanks for the bug report!
Nicodemus.