[C++-sig] Re: return_self_policy

David Abrahams dave at boost-consulting.com
Tue Jun 24 13:11:47 CEST 2003

Nikolay Mladenov <nickm at sitius.com> writes:

> Posting return_self policy implementation
>
> Nikolay'''

Nikolay,

This is wonderful!  Now, I hate to do this, but I just realized that
this should really be generalized to something which takes an
argument number as its parameter and returns that argument:

 return_identity<0>                     // error
 return_identity<>, return_identity<1>  // same as return_self_policy
 return_identity<2>                     // return the 2nd argument
 return_identity<3>                     // return the 3rd argument

etc.

Don't you think that makes more sense?  Would you mind making this
modification?

Thoughts, objections, screaming...?

www.boost-consulting.com