[C++-sig] Re: Interest in luabind

David Abrahams dave at boost-consulting.com
Mon Jun 23 23:30:18 CEST 2003

"Daniel Wallin" <dalwan01 at student.umu.se> writes:

>> some platforms
>> boundaries as
>> nothing
>> type_id::name
>> relying on
>> IRIX/MIPSpro. See
>> in my previous
>> >
>> > Ok. I guess you could unmangle the names to a
>> standardized format if
>> > there are problems with this?
>>
>> No :(
>>
>> Sadly, the problem is that typedefs don't always get
>> fully-unwound in
>> type_info names, e.g.:
>
> Oh, ok. So you would need to unwound the types manually with
> specialization.

That doesn't even work the way you expect; they don't neccessarily
unwind completely.  It's just a matter of exposing one way to get the
type at the beginning of every translation unit.  But it works,
eventually, though it's ugly as sin.  Fortunately EDG knows about
this and has fixed the problem in their compiler.  Unfortunately it's
unclear when SGI will release anything that works based on a modern
EDG. :(

www.boost-consulting.com