[C++-sig] Re: Memory leak when using return_internal_reference !?

gideon may gideon at computer.org
Wed Jun 4 23:50:58 CEST 2003

Thanks for the fix!

--On Wednesday, June 04, 2003 4:48 PM -0400 David Abrahams
<dave at boost-consulting.com> wrote:

> gideon may <gideon at computer.org> writes:

<snip>

> Perhaps... a bug in Boost.Python??!
>
> Fixed in CVS, thanks for reporting it.  Extra bonus points if you can
> supply a patch to the test that will detect this bug!

Thanks, will try it immediately. I'm afraid I have to let the bonus
points pass, since there is no way to track if objects have really been
deleted; except if you define COUNT_ALLOCS while building python :(

>> I'm using return_internal_reference quite extensively and couldn't live
>> without it :-)
>
> Doubtless that's true.  I can't believe I never saw this one before.
> That's what you get for not having tests :(

Hmm, still hard to test this one, the garbage collector reports all
objects deleted, even if the weak references are not.

ciao,

gideon