[C++-sig] Problem with Extract conversion

Dmitri Mouromtsev dimour at mail.ru
Tue Jun 3 17:12:58 CEST 2003

Hello all!
I am embedding Python in my application by using BOOST.PYTHON. I tried
to compile in MSVC 7.0 the example with extract<> conversion:

boost::python::str test_str("test");
char const* c_str = extract<char const*>(test_str);

 If I run this code an unhandled exception rise when the function
throw_no_lvalue_from_python compose error message "No registered converter
was able to extract a C++...".

 What I need to do and what is my mistake.

 Thanks

 Dmitri

PS The same things I 've with double, long etc. instead of string type