[C++-sig] pure virtual methods with pyste

christoph.wiedemann at daimlerchrysler.com christoph.wiedemann at daimlerchrysler.com
Fri Jul 25 16:55:46 CEST 2003

Hello,

i'm a boost.python / pyste newbie, and what i've seen so far looks very well to
me. I am especially interested in using pyste for creating python bindings.

However, i've ran into the following problem with pyste: All pure virtual
methods of abstract classes are hidden in python, i.e. it's not accessible to
use them in python. I've played around with 'normal' boost.python, and managed
it to create wrappers for pure virtual methods. Is it planned to produce
bindings for pure virtual functions or am i asking for the impossible ?

Thanks for the great work !

Christoph