[C++-sig] Re: exceptions and multiple modules

Ben Young ben.young at transversal.com
Wed Jul 23 17:30:53 CEST 2003

> > linked at compile time
>   ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> I think I know what you mean, but something's not right about that.

Err, yes. It's been a long day!

> The way to handle dynamic_cast issues is to instantiate the base
> class' virtual functions in a common shared library which is linked to
> in the usual way (not dlopen) by all the other dynamic libraries
> concerned.

I'll have a look and see if I can do something like this, although
worryingly i'm pretty sure the libraries are already laid out something
like this. It's all a bit confusing as its a combination of automatically
generated files, templates, virtual template tables, multiple libraries
... ;)

Thanks for all the help though. I'll get back if/when I fix the problem.

Ben
---