[C++-sig] debug version of boost.python loads the wrong python dll

Lutz Paelike lutz_p at gmx.net
Wed Jul 16 15:11:17 CEST 2003

Hi all,

i have the following problem:

I use boost.python 1.30.0 to embed python into my program. I use VC++ 6 on windows 2000.
Works great if i build a Release version , but if i want to use a debug version my program
crashes with the following error:

Fatal Python error: Interpreter not initialized (version mismatch?)

i tracked this down and noticed that during loading the wrong dll is loaded.
it doesn't matter if debug version or not it always loads python22.dll instead of python22_d.dll
for the debug version. i guess that's causing the problem, but how can i solve it ?

cheers,

lutz