[C++-sig] Re: boost::python and threads

Vladimir Vukicevic vladimir at pobox.com
Mon Jul 7 00:54:15 CEST 2003

Attached is a patch which seems to work for me, under some light
testing. I'm writing some heavy stress-test code right now.  I'm very
open to suggestions on how to do away with
call_void_method_with_gil/call_void_with_gil so that
call_method_with_gil and call_with_gil can be used with void-returning
functions as well.  Note that I'm not necessarily submitting this for
review for possible inclusion in b::p, but am more curious if this
approach is valid -- though if there's interest I'd be willing to do any
work necessary to make it ready. I think with some #ifdefs it could play
nice with cases where the user doesn't care about the GIL and other
issues; however, it does depend on Python 2.3.

    - Vlad