[C++-sig] Re: Pyste-generated extentsion Aborts Python

Jim Wilson wilson at afn.org
Sat Jul 5 03:24:47 CEST 2003

Nicodemus,

Remember, I only sent you the first forty lines.  I excluded the three
functions you suggested, and it got better.  Following your example, I
grepped g++'s compiler output (a nasty process involving copying and
pasting from my terminal since I still can't coerce g++ to write to
stderr or stdout) and found ten more offending functions embedded inside
200 lines of error messages.  I excluded those, and on the next pass only
five.  The next pass only three, ...  Finally, after I eliminated seemingly
all overloaded functions:

	exclude(f.scheme_) # Your three
	exclude(f.error)
	exclude(f.damage)
	exclude(f.idle)    # Plus a few more
	exclude(f.warning)
	exclude(f.atclose)
	exclude(f.scheme_bg_)
	exclude(f.add_handler)
	exclude(f.set_labeltype)
	exclude(f.set_boxtype)
	exclude(f.args)
	exclude(f.add_timeout)
	exclude(f.add_fd)
	exclude(f.set_idle)
	exclude(f.set_atclose)
	exclude(f.remove_handler)
	exclude(f.fatal)
	exclude(f.repeat_timeout)
	exclude(f.has_timeout)
	exclude(f.set_abort)
	exclude(f.remove_timeout)
	exclude(f.add_check)
	exclude(f.remove_check)
	exclude(f.add_idle)
	exclude(f.has_idle)
	exclude(f.remove_idle)

it compiled!  Of course, it sucked in a few new libraries, but I scurried
around and found them all.  Alas, still no joy.  But no "Abort" either!

	>>>from fltk import Fl,Fl_Window
	Traceback (most recent call last):
   	  File "<stdin>", line 1, in ?
         RuntimeError: Boost.Python - All overloads must be exported before \
         calling 'class_<...>("Fl").staticmethod("scheme")'

I hope this gives you a clue, because I'm clueless.

Jim