[C++-sig] Re: Interest in luabind

Rene Rivera grafik666 at redshift-software.com
Fri Jul 4 01:59:14 CEST 2003

[2003-07-03] David Abrahams wrote:

>Rene Rivera <grafik666 at redshift-software.com> writes:
>
>> [2003-07-01] Daniel Wallin wrote:

>>>I don't know. I'm sure more issues will pop up later on though. :)
>>>How do we proceed from here?
>>
>> Even though I followed most of this conversation... I'd personally
>> like to see a summary of decisions.
>
>I think that would be great.  Volunteers?

I can try and go through the thread, reading more carefully than the first
time around, and collect some of the info. (will take a few days) And post
the results :-)

>> After that finding out what I and others can help with; deciding
>> where to put the work; what to name / where to put the common code;
>> do we want to move the dev discussion to a dedicated list; etc.
>>
>> Some possible answers to those:
>>
>> I imagine doing some of this in the boost-sandbox project is
>> best.
>
>I'm not sure; I want to refactor parts of Boost.Python anyway.  Given
>that we have a pile of tests, etc., I think it would be better to do
>this evolution in the main CVS.  On a branch, if nothing else.

I thought that for such a restructuring you would not want to mess with the
current BP, even if on a branch? But I can see that it would be easier than
copying over a bunch of BP code.

Any ideas/preferences on: Where do we discuss the refactoring of the common
code and the laubind dev? It seems like noise polution to keep it on this
list. Daniel do you have a non-user list set up for LuaBind? Or we can add a
list to the SF boost project.

-- grafik - Don't Assume Anything
-- rrivera (at) acm.org - grafik (at) redshift-software.com
-- 102708583 (at) icq