[C++-sig] Boost.Python RPM

Scott A. Smith ssmith at magnet.fsu.edu
Tue Jan 28 23:24:06 CET 2003

Greetings,

Does anyone know if there is an RPM around to install Boost(.Python) on
a Linux box? If not, would that be a good thing to have, akin to the
recently submitted MSVC++ project that builds it? It is not that I have
any problems building it with Jam, that works quite smoothly.

The reason I do ask:

I just made an RPM of my own C++ software package and
and am now thinking of making an RPM for this same package
exported into Python using BP. The Pythonized package
will depend upon BP and the RPM package manager would/should
know that. Hence there should be a Boost.Python RPM that would
install BP and satisfy that dependency (by registering itself in the
RPM database).

Scott