[C++-sig] Re: Re: Re: map key

Ralf W. Grosse-Kunstleve rwgk at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 24 06:41:50 CET 2003

--- David Abrahams <dave at boost-consulting.com> wrote:
> It's a nice article!

Thanks!

> You might consider the impact of using something like weave for a case
> like this.  It generates and compiles different instantiations of the
> same code on demand.

That's a very interesting idea. But our users don't even know how to spell the
word compiler. It would be a major problem to establish a working compilation
environment on all the platforms that we support (e.g. we couldn't ship Visual
C++ with our package). Also, it is my feeling that this would eventually lead
to PSYCO II, a large research project in its own right.
Ralf

P.S.: The darker parts of my ego make me hope that a mature, fully featured and
universally available PSYCO isn't a reality before I retire. Somehow I think my
chances are pretty good ;-)