[C++-sig] Building boost.python on Mac OS X

Ralf W. Grosse-Kunstleve rwgk at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 14 09:21:51 CET 2003

--- Harri Hakula <Harri.Hakula at hut.fi> wrote:
> > A few months ago one of my regression tests uncovered that some objects
> > are double-destructed. Maybe this is related. I sent a bug report to
> > Apple but never got a confirmation that the issue is resolved. Would
> > you be interested in trying the regression test?
> Yes, of course.

Create an empty directory somewhere on your Mac (e.g. /var/tmp/debug) and
download these two files:

http://cci.lbl.gov/~rwgk/bugs/mac_os/test_for_double_destruction_csh
http://cci.lbl.gov/~rwgk/bugs/mac_os/test_for_double_destruction.tar.gz

Then

chmod 755 test_for_double_destruction_csh
./test_for_double_destruction_csh

This should unpack the tar file (contains boost, scons and some of our
code) and compiles, links and runs one of our regression tests.

On our Mac OS 10.2.? (? = 1, I think) with the Jun or Jul developer's
kit + Aug patch the output ends with:

Total OK: 1300
a_value_allocation: -12

The last line indicates the double-destruction problem. If you don't
see the last line there is no such problem.

Please let me know how it goes.

Ralf