[C++-sig] Building boost.python on Mac OS X

David Abrahams dave at boost-consulting.com
Sun Jan 12 02:17:46 CET 2003

"Paul F. Kunz" <Paul_Kunz at SLAC.Stanford.EDU> writes:

>    I want to build boost.python on a Mac OS X platform.   There
> doesn't appear to be any prebuilt boost.Jam executable available from
> the boost web pages.    So I follow the instructions to run make in
> tools/build/jam_src subdirectory.   It appears to work, but there's
> still no bjam executable resulting form the build.   The only
> executable is a `jam0' file.   Is that it?

Did you look for a bin/<something-like-macosx> directory?  bjam is
supposed to end up there.

I should warn you that nobody's succeeded in building it for OSX to
date.  Apple's dynamic linking model and C++ do not seem to be
cooperating yet.  Rene Rivera has done the most work on this, to my
knowledge.

--
                       David Abrahams