[C++-sig] MS Visual C++ integrated environment

horace(seednet) horace_hdsl at seed.net.tw
Fri Feb 14 18:05:52 CET 2003

I have built one small .pyd file using MS Visual C++ integrated environment,
my code snippet looks like this :

#include <boost/python.hpp>
using namespace boost::python;
enum choice { red,green,blue};
BOOST_PYTHON_MODULE(_PyTest)
{
 enum_<choice>("choice")
  .value("red",red)
  .value("green",green)
  .value("blue",blue)
 ;
}

However the .pyd file won't work :

>>> import PyTest
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<pyshell#0>", line 1, in ?
    import PyTest
ImportError: dynamic module does not define init function (initPyTest)

What had gone wrong ? Do I have to use bjam to build it ?

I have one bigger project suffers the same error message. In the begining I thought it was something wrong inside the code, however, obviously it wasn't. Help !

Comfortable developing environment will always be my first choice, so do others, I believe.

Horace