[C++-sig] Re: STLPort problems

David Abrahams dave at boost-consulting.com
Fri Aug 29 18:13:38 CEST 2003

"Mike Thompson" <mike.thompson at day8.com.au> writes:

> "Mike Thompson" <mike.thompson at day8.com.au> wrote in message
> news:bingb7$39a$1 at sea.gmane.org...
>>
>> "Mike Thompson" wrote:
>> > I'm getting compile time errors when building Boost.Python
>> > using STLport.
>> >

>> Okay.  After far too long, this all seems to be down to two isses:
>>
>>      1.  A problem with Python2.3 and Boost 1.30.2 which now appears
>>           fixed in cvs HEAD.  See my previous posts for details of the
>>           missing #define for LONG_LONG.
>>
>>      2.  As suggested by David, there is an STLport bug.  Its been around
>>           for a while but has not been fixed in the latest beta snapshots.
>>           I've raised the following bug report as a further prompter:
>>                       http://www.stlport.com/dcforum/DCForumID6/1364.html
>>
>>           NB: The bug is ONLY triggered when  you use STLport with the "I'll
>> use
>>           native iostream library" switch on STLport.
>>

> Arrgh.   Its getting late and I'm getting forgetful.
>
> This post was mean to be a summary but I forgot to mention in point 2. that
> strcpy() and fprintf() do not end up in std:: either and are put in global
> namespace.  I had to hack Python.Boost to get this to work with STLport. (see
>
> AND ....
>
> I also had problems trying to use a version of STLport other than 4.5.3.  I
> followed all the instructions I swear, but the build system always wanted to
> #include from the folder stlport4.5.3\stlport (rather than from a sister folder
> like stlport4.5-0725).    I tried to track this down through the jam files but
> they meant little to me and I gave up.

Mike,

This stuff all works fine for me with no patches to anythin.  My
relevant settings are:

  set STLPORT_PATH=c:\src\STLPort
  set STLPORT_4.5.3_PATH=c:\src\STLPort\STLPort-4.5-0119

I invoke bjam with "-sBUILD=debug-python <stlport-iostream>on" when I
run the tests.  Everything gets put/accessed in the appropriate
namespace(s).

www.boost-consulting.com