[C++-sig] Boost & cross module definitions

Arnaud PICARD arnaud.picard at edfgdf.fr
Mon Aug 25 09:43:35 CEST 2003

Hi,

I'm using boost.python to wrap C++ classes. All I've done as of now is
efficient, yet I do have one question.

I've had to define, for a number of various modules, the same identical
class, let's call it data. The problem is, when I want to use methods in
python that use the wrapped C++ data class from these differents modules,
it won't work ; basically they are not considered the same class. Before I
switched from v1.26 to v1.30, the class was wrapped in its own module and
then I used import_converters<data>(...) for cross-module definitions.
However I cannot do so any more. Does any one has an idea ?

BTW I've looked through the archives but all significant messages seem to
refer to a now defunct (or at least older) version of boost.python.

Any help ?

Arnaud