[C++-sig] numarray and boost.python

Philip Austin paustin at eos.ubc.ca
Sun Aug 3 06:07:16 CEST 2003

Paul F. Kunz writes:
 >    I'm trying to make an interface between numarray and C++ with
 > Boost.   After reading the mail archives on this subject, I downloaded
 > num_util from
 >
 > http://www.eos.ubc.ca/research/clouds/num_util.html
 >
 > Although the software is date 3 July 2003, I found I had to make two
 > changes for it to compile...

Right, the boost numeric support can be toggled between Numeric
and numarray using

numeric::array::set_module_and_type

Currently we set this to use Numeric in num_test_mod.cpp -- we'll
switch to numarray after it includes support for object arrays
(presumably this is coming in v. 0.7).

Just to reiterate, boost::python and Numpy can be connected using
boost::python::numeric::array without num_util, we are just providing
some utility functions we find useful in our own code.

Regards, Phil

Voice: (604) 822-2175
Fax:   (604) 822-6088
email: paustin at eos.ubc.ca