[C++-sig] Interface design.

tALSit de CoD talsit at talsit.org
Tue Apr 22 16:47:52 CEST 2003

At 10:27 22/04/2003 -0400, you wrote:
>tALSit de CoD <talsit at talsit.org> writes:
>
>Or you can actually break your extension module into separate
>extension modules.  It's a little-known and underutilized feature of
>Boost.Python that component-based development is supported.

But can you have nested modules? As in:

BOOST_PYTHON_MODULE (kikura) {
         BOOST_PYTHON_MODULE (kikuraCore) {
                 ... stuff ...
         }
         BOOST_PYTHON_MODULE (kikuraNode) {
                 ... stuff ...

Or would you need something like so:

BOOST_PYTHON_MODULE (kikuraCore) {
         ... stuff ...
}
BOOST_PYTHON_MODULE (kikuraNode) {
         ... stuff ...
}

In this case (or both really), how would you import the modules from
python? I'm not too sure how python looks for dynamic libs, but would you
have to put each module in a separate dynamic library, and then call from
python:

import kikuraCore
import kikuraNode

?

For now, I'll be using the "unpreferred" approach to splitting up the
thingy, as long as it works.

Cheers!