[C++-sig] build project outside boost tree

Achim Domma (ProCoders) domma at procoders.net
Fri Apr 4 11:51:46 CEST 2003

> FWIW: As it stands right now the size of the latest scons
> distribution is 152K,
> or exactly 2.2% of the latest Boost release. I don't think your users will
> notice if you bundle scons with the rest of your package. There
> is nothing to
> install: scons works straight from the unpacked tar file. If you
> have Python
> anyway I cannot see a reason for still using a build tool from
> the stone ages
> of computing.

That's true and scons looks realy nice to me! Do you have some simple
boost.python related examples to share? Using a new build tool, the first
step is always the hardest one for me. If I understand earlier post right,
boost.python is quite sensible to build flags. So a simple example would
help me a lot!

regards,
Achim