[C++-sig] Anyone tried BGL with BoostPython 2 yet?

David Abrahams dave at boost-consulting.com
Sun Sep 29 19:08:17 CEST 2002

People asked about this with Boost.Python v1, too. I think the biggest
problem you'll find is that BGL is about compile-time genericity and Python
is about runtime genericity. You could easily  map the BGL's genericity
into Python, but that'd be best done by rewriting it in Python. Of course,
then you'd give up most of the speed.

Wrapping individual algorithms specialized to operate on specific graph
structures with Boost.Python should be easy, of course, and the algorithms
would run fast. You could think about building graphs with internal
property maps that contain a boost::python::object for each edge/vertex.
That might be an approach which allows some compromises.

           David Abrahams * Boost Consulting