[C++-sig] Re: Weave Scipy Inline C++

Mark Evans lists at UltimateG.com
Sun Sep 15 21:48:44 CEST 2002

David and Eric,

I have little to add in a technical sense, except

Compilers
  http://www.comeaucomputing.com/
  Comeau C++ can handle *very* advanced C++, and costs only $50.
  One of the best C++ compilers available.
  http://www.DigitalMars.com/
  Almost as good by a hair, FREE, but not quite Boost-capable yet;
  will be once Walter gets the namespace support up to
  the very latest STL standards (couple months?); can serve
  as a fast back-end for Comeau.  The virtue of DM is ultra
  high compilation speed and code optimization.

I am very glad to see this discussion taking place and thank you both.

Mark