[C++-sig] Boost.Python V2 & Mac OS 10?

Aleksey Gurtovoy agurtovoy at meta-comm.com
Fri Sep 6 00:37:59 CEST 2002

On Thursday, September 5, 2002, at 10:50 PM, Ralf W. Grosse-Kunstleve
wrote:
> Can this compiler be used from the command line?

Yes.

> -- The last time I looked (CW
> 7) I had difficulties finding the relevant information. Pointers to a
> script
> for setting up the compiler for command line use are highly appreciated.

If installed, the command line tools are located in your '<home>/bin'
directory. The reference documentation contains a whole section devoted
to setup and usage of command line compiler/linker.

> With c++ (the g++ 2.95 derivative) I had to use options like -bundle
> -flat_namespace to build Python extension modules (but the BPL V1 link
> failed
> :-( ). On OS X there seems to be a distinction between "bundles"
> (linked at
> run-time with a dlopen() equivalent) and "regular shared libraries"
> (linked
> with, e.g. c++ or ld). Would you know if both "regular shared
> libraries" and
> "bundles" are supported by CodeWarrior?

I _think_ they are, but don't know for sure.

Aleksey