[C++-sig] call policies

David Abrahams dave at boost-consulting.com
Fri Oct 18 20:01:28 CEST 2002

Stefan Seefeld <seefeld at sympatico.ca> writes:

> David Abrahams wrote:
> > Stefan Seefeld <seefeld at sympatico.ca> writes:
> > Stefan,
> > I think this is my fault. As you probably know, std::auto_ptr<>'s
> > copy
> > constructor is weird: it takes a non-const RHS.
>
> indeed.
>
> > I think I must've
> > failed to account for that. I'll look into providing a patch for this
> > case today.
>
> Thanks a lot !

Hi Stefan,

Well, this turns out to be much stickier than I had thought; it's
going to take a bit more time than I have today. Could you settle for
shared ownership using boost::shared_ptr<>, or do you have an
underlying interface which really needs to manage ownership through
raw pointers?

-Dave

--
                    David Abrahams

Building C/C++ Extensions for Python: Dec 9-11, Austin, TX
http://www.enthought.com/training/building_extensions.html