[C++-sig] boost 1.29, MSVC++ & precompiled headers

Charsley, Mark Mark.Charsley at radioscape.com
Tue Oct 15 16:53:41 CEST 2002

If I include "boost/python.hpp" in a precompiled header in MSVC++ (SP5) and
try building it in debug mode, I get

<whole bunch ofC4275 warnings snipped>
z:\thirdparty\boost\boost\ref.hpp(48) : fatal error C1001: INTERNAL COMPILER
ERROR
        (compiler file 'msc1.cpp', line 1794)
         Please choose the Technical Support command on the Visual C++
         Help menu, or open the Technical Support help file for more
information
Error executing cl.exe.

It works fine in release mode and fine if I include it in a normal .cpp file
outside of a precompiled header. Given how long it takes to compile
"boost/python.hpp", however, getting it working inside a precompiled header
would be _very_ nice. Anyone else seen this, and/or know of a fix?

TIA

--

Mark

postmaster at radioscape.com.

This footnote also confirms that this email message has been scanned
for the presence of computer viruses known at the time of sending.

www.radioscape.com