[C++-sig] Trivial error in tutorial.

Prabhu Ramachandran prabhu at aero.iitm.ernet.in
Wed Oct 9 21:09:14 CEST 2002

hi,

Got the chance to look at the latest docs.  The tutorial (which is all
i've had time to look at) is very nice!  I think I've found a small
mistake.

http://cvs.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/*checkout*/boost/boost/libs/python/doc/tutorial/doc/class_virtual_functions.html

  """

  Will yield the expected result. Finally, calling calling the free
  function call_f with derived as argument:

    >>> call_f(derived())
    42

  Will also yield the expected result.

  Here's what's happening:

   1. call_f(derived()) is called in Python

#######
# And finally at the end of the page:

  Calling call_f, passing in a derived object:

    >>> call_f(derived())
    42

  """

AFAIK, *all* the call_f(derived())'s should read

 call_f(derived)

  or

 call_f(Derived())

Unless you are magically defining a default __call__ method when you
wrap the class?

I hope I'm not missing something obvious here.

cheers,
prabhu