[C++-sig] module class

David Abrahams dave at boost-consulting.com
Tue Oct 8 23:35:44 CEST 2002

Francois Ostiguy <ostiguy at fnal.gov> writes:

> Thanks for you patience. I tried
>
> object ring_class = class_<Ring>("Ring", args<>() )
>          .def("doTurn", &Ring::doTurn)
>        ;
>
>        ring_class.attr("nodesInitialized")  = Ring::nodesInitialized;
>        ring_class.attr("ringInitialized")   = Ring::ringInitialized;
>

> It works just fine ! Note that I have been using a very recent
> snapshot all along (probably <  2 weeks old) ... and the module class is
> apparently still recognized ... has it been removed only recently ?

Yes.

> boost.python is a very, very, nice piece of work.

Thanks!

> The documentation is formal and not very friendly.

We'll have a friendly tutorial in the CVS by tomorrow.

> It would greatly benefit from a few well commented non-trivial real
> world examples. I do understand that this represents even more work

Have you looked at
http://cvs.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/*checkout*/boost/boost/libs/python/doc/v2/reference.html
recently? It's still just the formal stuff, but you should find lots
of examples in there.

--
           David Abrahams * Boost Consulting